Sunday 15 January 2012

Two new birds in the apple restaurant today

This is one for squirrel Sunday even though its frozen  the squirrel was at the feeder at 9.00 today


We had about 30 minutes of sunshine today So I made a hide in the summer house. where the next shots where taken from.


The Siskin Carduelis spinus, first decent shot of her on the front feeder
 by decent I mean I can tell what it is not Guess. last time I saw it I thought it was a greenfinch, but the markings around the eyes  gave it away.

A new bird in the apple restaurant today the  female Blackcap ( Sylvia atricapilla) Ok no black cap  but then the females are contrary,
 










Male Blackcap  Sylvia atricapilla; from what I can make out. there is nothing else like it in the book.


male and female  Chaffinch



 The Great tit



Dunnock


The robin enjoying a five minute break of sunshine


It was a pleasure today watching 3 of the long-tailed tits. for the past week Ive had one visiting the front feeder only




Sylvester loves it when I join him birdwatching in his garden
Here he is on his watching post  in the apple tree restaurant wondering where the birds have gone.
Not for from Sylvester was this Female blackbird  hoping the cat will not eat the apple,

1 comment:

  1. What great birds you have and seeing new ones is always a treat at the feeders. Those apples really bring them in. I have put out apples before and they have been largely ignored. People tell me squirrels love them...but not my picky squirrels! You got some great shots of all of them. Lovely cat! I hope its fur is easier to care for than the long haired grey one that I have. I'm going to have to take her for some shaving soon...lots of mats in her fur.

    ReplyDelete